You can keep up to date with the latest news by visiting our 'New Buildings' News section.
The building work is scheduled to begin in April 2011 and is designed to take place with very minimal disruption to learning. The 40 million pound scheme has been developed by the architects AHMM working in close partnership with Bovis Lend Lease, Wandsworth Borough Council and ourselves. Eight-five per cent of the school will be rebuilt, with a refresh of the main hall and the gym block.
It is a dazzling and exciting scheme worthy of the students, staff and members of the community who will use the facilities. The new buildings will provide an exciting learning environment fully equipped to enable us to continue to deliver an excellent education to our students and the wider community.
We now have a series of visualisations of our new school buildings which we would like to share with you. These images can be viewed in our gallery.
The building work will be completed in three phases, details of which can be found below:
- Demolition of the Middle Block
New Entrance Building
- Administration and Reception Areas
- Sixth Form Centre
- Business Studies and ICT
- Business Skills Centre
New Teaching Block
- Specialist teaching accommodation - Science and Mathematics, Art & Design, Learning support and Library
- New four court sports Hall
- Demolish the upper teaching block
- New general teaching accommodation for English, Languages, Humanities, Art & Design, Learning Support and Library
- State of the art Performing Arts block - Including new dining hall
- Refreshment of the main school hall, swimming pool and gyms
- Demolition of the lower teaching block
- Demolition of the refectory
Safety and Security
- The contractors on site comply with stringent, health & safety requirements
- All contractors and employers will be vetted
- Daily updates and meeting between school and senior staff
- The contractors are subject to unannounced, extensive inspection to check all health & safety requirements are adhered to